Marchwiel Community Council (MCC) was established in 1985. Based on the 2011 Census, Marchwiel has a resident population of 2,371.
The Community Council consists of eleven members and its area is divided into the following three wards:
The Council employs one p/t member of staff - the Clerk.
The Statutory and other powers of Marchwiel Community Council are varied, including:
making observations on all applications for planning permission within it's area.
- Funding environmental projects including MEG (Marchwiel Environmental Group) and community facilities
- providing new and improved footpaths and lighting
- provide and maintain Marchwiel Community Council’s Burial Ground
- maintain the three play areas in Marchwiel
- provide and maintain Welcome Garden and three public seats
- make donations to local/national charities and organisations
to view the statutory and other powers of Marchwiel CC.